DeepMotion is a pioneer in the emerging field of Motion Intelligence. We are building a platform powered by advanced physics simulation, computer vision, and machine learning pipelines. Led by members from Blizzard, Pixar, Disney, ROBLOX, Microsoft, Ubisoft, Stanford, CMU and Tsinghua, we’re leveraging decades of experience in the field to help individuals and teams create better content for AR, VR, Mobile, Social Applications, Health, Safety, and Robotics. The company was founded in 2014, and is headquartered in San Mateo, CA.
Associate Scientist, Physically-based Capture and Simulation for Virtual Humans
DeepMotion is seeking innovative researchers to develop the next generation of virtual
human technology. The focus of this role is on full body capture, reconstruction, and
simulation. The position requires a combination of education and experience in computer
vision, computer graphics, physics simulation, or machine learning.
As a company, we encourage collaboration across all groups and support our scientists to be creative in the design and scope of innovative research initiatives.
- Plan and execute cutting-edge research to advance the state-of-the-art in virtual humans and digital double understanding.
- Develop new advanced technologies related to simulating convincing virtual humans.
- Formulation of new machine learning, analysis, and simulation approaches for virtual humans.
- Collaborate with other researchers, engineers, and 3D artists to prototype hardware and software solutions, experiments, and concepts that advance the DeepMotion project.
- PhD in the field of Computer Graphics, Physics, or Machine Learning with a proven academic track-record.
- 3+ years’ experience in physically-based simulation, collision detection and resolution, particularly soft-body simulations for cloth, hair, and/or muscles in complex offline and/or real-time scenarios.
- 3+ years’ experience implementing and developing high-performance simulation algorithms.
Nice to have:
- Previous experience with simulations for high-end VFX and/or Video-Game applications.
- Proven track record of achieving significant results as demonstrated by grants, fellowships, patents, as well as first-authored publications at leading workshops or conferences such as CVPR, ECCV/ICCV, SIGGRAPH, NIPS, etc.
- Demonstrated software engineer experience via an internship, work experience, coding competitions, or widely used contributions in open source repositories (e.g. GitHub).
- Prior experience with designing real-time systems in C++
- Health, Vision, Dental
- Paid Holidays, Time Off, and Sick Days
- Bi-Weekly Lunch, Overtime Dinners, Company Outings
- Competitive Salary and Benefits (Based on Experience)
Please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected] APPLY FOR THIS JOB