DeepMotion is a pioneer in the emerging field of Motion Intelligence. We are building a platform powered by advanced physics simulation, computer vision, and machine learning pipelines. Led by members from Blizzard, Pixar, Disney, ROBLOX, Microsoft, Ubisoft, Stanford, CMU and Tsinghua, we’re leveraging decades of experience in the field to help individuals and teams create better content for AR, VR, Mobile, Social Applications, Health, Safety, and Robotics. The company was founded in 2014, and is headquartered in San Mateo, CA.
Research Intern of Vision & Simulation for Virtual Human
DeepMotion is seeking innovative researchers to develop the next generation of
virtual human technology. The focus of this role is on full body capture, reconstruction,
and simulation. The ideal candidates are deeply passionate about, and have hands-on
experience in: computer vision, machine learning, physics simulation, motion control,
or full-body skeletal pose estimation. This is a paid opportunity.
As a company, we encourage collaboration across all groups and support our scientists to be creative in the design and scope of innovative research initiatives.
The Research Intern will work on a diverse and stimulating range of areas including the following:
- Acquiring, annotating, and cleaning data for the development of machine learning models
- Analyze data set and process it to be used in computer vision and motion synthesis applications
- Test and develop deep learning models that are used in our computer vision or motion simulation products
- Complete assigned research work and help the team make qualified decisions
- Plan and execute cutting-edge research to advance the state-of-the-art in virtual humans and digital double understanding
- Develop new advanced technologies related to simulating convincing virtual humans
- Collaborate with other researchers, engineers, and 3D artists to prototype hardware and software solutions, experiments, and concepts that advance the DeepMotion project
- MS in the field of Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Data Science, or other related science and engineering disciplines
- Experience in data acquisition, cleaning and labeling for machine learning applications
- Experience in developing and implementing machine learning algorithms for information extraction, natural language understanding, pattern recognition or predictive analytics
- Experience in at least one deep learning library: Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.
- Thrives in a fast paced, agile environment
Nice to have:
- PhD in science or engineering majors
- Knowledge of computer vision geometry for 3D pose estimation and tracking
- Experience in physically-based simulation, collision detection and resolution, particularly soft-body simulations for cloth, hair, and/or muscles in complex offline and/or real-time scenarios
- Experience with animation or rendering software development
- Background in bio-mechanics or robotics
- Experience working with GPUs and parallel programming is a plus
- Knowledge in digital camera system and real-time operating system software design and development in embedded systems
- Bi-Weekly Lunch, Overtime Dinners, Company Outings
- Kitchen with stocks of snacks, coffee and drinks
- State-of-the-art Motion Capture lab and Pong Machine!
- Convenient office location near San Mateo downtown with panorama view of Bay Area peninsula and walking distance to Caltrain station
Please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected] APPLY FOR THIS JOB